All contest entries postmarked
January 31, 2014 will be accepted.
In the months leading up to Earth Day, Air Alliance Houston celebrates planet Earth with our Earth Day Art Contest. Begun in 2007, the Earth Day Art Contest encourages students to show what they see when they think of clean air, water, and land. Winning artwork presents a vision of how we can honor, celebrate, and protect our environment.
After six years in elementary and middle schools, in 2013 Air Alliance Houston’s Earth Day Art Contest began including works by high-school students. Houston students in third through twelfth grades can enter to win CASH and other fun prizes!
- Works must be two dimensional on an 11” x 14” sheet of paper. Incorrectly sized submissions will not be accepted.
- Acceptable media are acrylics, oils, water colors, pastels, chalk, charcoal, pencils, ink, crayon, collages, and computer-generated art. Chalk, pastels, and charcoal must be affixed.
- All artwork must be the student’s original composition. No copies, by hand, electronic or mechanical device, of any previously published piece of art, previously published photograph, or other previously published material, or copyright protected art, copyright protected photograph or other copyright protected material will be allowed.
- Only the student submitting the artwork can perform work on the entry.
- Artwork must be started after the beginning of the 2013-2014 school year and completed prior to the January judging date for your school/school district.
- Please legibly print your name, address, phone number, grade, school, and teacher’s name and email address on the back.
- The artist may also indicate which direction they would like their art to be displayed/judge by drawing an arrow indicating “UP” on back of artwork.
- Please mail or deliver the art to:
Art Contest – Air Alliance Houston
2409 Commerce Street, Suite A
Houston, TX 77003
- All students and teachers should review the rules and guidelines carefully. Questions should be directed to Sara DeMers of Air Alliance Houston.
By submitting an entry to our Earth Day Art Contest, the artist agrees that Air Alliance Houston and the Earth Day Art Contest sponsors may use the artwork’s image to promote the Earth Day Art Contest. The artist also agrees to allow a reproduction of their artwork to go on tour and agrees to allow their original submission to be sold to benefit the contest as described.
Air Alliance Houston makes every attempt to return all entries to our artists. We can only return those entries that include complete and legible entry forms. For your convenience, you may download the form. Please print it out and attach it to the back of your entry.
Prizes: Each winning artist selected will receive a framed reproduction of their artwork and a cash prize to be received at our annual Earth Day Art Contest Awards Show & Live Auction (Date TBD.) Winning Artists are encouraged to attend this event as well as other events designed to promote the winning artwork.
In 2013, the cash prizes were as follows:
Overall Winner $500
People’s Choice $250
First Place – $100
Second Place – $50
Third Place – $25
You can also download all of this information in a brochure to share with your class, school or organization.